Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Luck Week 13!

Last week before the run, how much fun is that? Are we really here already? It's a tapering week so our first run was Walk 1 min. and Run 10 min. five times. That was Sunday. It was a good run overall. I didn't go out too fast and managed to keep my pace on the way back in.

This morning was a 30 min. run. Managed to get that in before the skies opened up! Wow it got wet afterwards! Felt my right shin a little, must remember to do a good warm up before running. Sometimes because Logan's a wee bit fussy I just start moving without the warm up. Same goes for cooling down or walking it in and stretching at the end. If he's sleeping I transfer him quickly and if he's awake he's fussing so my stretching has been lacking this last few weeks. Strength and flexibility are super important when running so that you can stay away from injuries!

Looking forward to a short run on Friday and the race on Sunday.

Starting to think about where to go next. I know I'd like to complete a half marathon this coming year as well as a short triathlon. Looking into the options at the moment.

See you on the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment